The retailer has refurbished its flagship store to include a range of unique play areas and a new café. The refurbishment is the first stage of a three year plan to create an entirely new look Hamleys for the store’s 250th anniversary in 2010.
New features include:
- The Hamleys Bear Park - a mini replica of nearby Regents Park showcasing the many different types of bear on sale.
- A full size traditional puppet theatre delivering much loved puppet show favourites such as Punch & Judy.
- A 20 foot red London bus which takes pride of place in the centre of the ground floor.
- A soft animal safari park, complete with a life size range rover jeep, offering a range of wild animals (including life size baby elephants) for kids to play with along with the chance to buy a wild animal for keeps.
- An 8 foot, life sized Speed Racer car, as featured in the latest Disney movie, suspended from the glittered ceiling.
The refurbishment also sees the opening of new areas within the store, such as the Hamleys Party Penthouse (including separate party room) which is available for both private and corporate hire providing a perfect venue for Christmas shopping functions, Hamleys sleepovers and birthday parties.
The Regal Tea Café is Hamleys new restaurant located on the fifth floor, with sumptuous decorations in and a stunning chandelier made up of tea cups and spoons. Offering a full range of beverages, organic meals and snacks the café also features interactive features such as the ‘Crazy Cooks Station’ where kids can make their own pizzas or fajitas; and the ice cream parlour where customers can design their own ice cream extravaganza.
In addition to the current refurbishment, there are further plans to create an entirely new look Hamleys for the store’s 250th anniversary in 2010, including a new girls area and a revamped pre-school and games floor. Hamleys will also launch a premium 250th anniversary traditional toy range.
Paul Currie, Trading Director at Hamleys, commented: "We are proud to reveal our exceptional new features as part of an ongoing investment into the future of one of London’s premiere store experiences. With the addition of a café and Penthouse venue, Hamleys can cater for all requirements, in one of the best loved children’s shopping destinations in the UK."