The firm is currently testing out the new site with half of its customers to gauge reaction before rolling out the new-look site to all customers next month.
New features include:
- Full width – now optimised to take advantage of today’s larger monitor screens
- Larger images and videos – optimised for broadband, all main product images over 50% bigger and new scrolling homepage feature
- Extra community features – including a live Twitter feed and star-ratings from purchasing customers
- Easier to navigate – more intuitive to today’s shoppers who have little time
- The latest web technologies – including a personalised, AJAX shopping basket
Christian Robinson, MD of Firebox.com commented: "It is unbelievable that our website hasn’t seen a major redesign in over nine years – pretty much unheard of in online retail. In celebration of a successful 11 years of trading, we are looking forward to our customers’ response to the new-look Firebox. Early tests show that customers love it - some of the feedback has been phenomenal!"