Sony Computer Entertainment Europe is the central support organisation for over 100 countries in Europe, Africa, the Middle East and Australasia, marketing computer games platforms - PlayStation 2 and PSP (PlayStation Portable) and PlayStation 3.
The firm is looking for a licensing executive to work as part of a small team managing and developing licensed peripherals across the PAL markets.
The main role function is to grow the current licensee base to compliment the first party peripheral range and work towards increasing revenue and gross profit in line with targets set by head office in Tokyo.
The main area for development is peripherals across all the PlayStation platforms.
Whilst this role is primarily sales focused, as part of the licensee management process, there is a level of account management and administration involved.
Key responsibilities include:
* Actively source new licensee's for PlayStation peripheral & accessory business.
* Negotiate license agreements across a number of products, which are in-line with the SCE Europe licensing guidelines.
* Develop and grow revenue through licensing deals to successfully meet yearly sales targets.
* Negotiate cost effective and business savvy publishing deals for Software IP Strategy Guides, which best compliment the IP and are in line with launch schedules.
* Account Manage the new licensee's brought on board and ensure a harmonious product range at retail.
* Product, packaging and advertising material to be processed and managed on a day-to-day basis.
* Review forecasts and sales with licensees on a quarterly basis, to feed into Licensing Manager.
Skills required are as follows:
* Preferably candidate would come from a consumer/retail licensing company.
* Experience in sales ideally in licensing or related field.
* Proactive and use to negotiating and achieving sales targets/business objectives.
* Self starter with a proactive approach to sales and account management.
* Ideally has experience of Entertainment or Video Game industry (but not essential).
* Able to prioritise work load with the ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines; resourceful with managing projects.
* Ability to take information from different sources and relay it across various territories.
* Strong interpersonal skills; team player and willingness to give assistance to co-workers.
* Excellent presentation skills.
* Works well independently.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills including ability to work with many different dynamics.
* Ability to work well within different computer programs and formats, with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
* European languages or Japanese language is a bonus but not a necessity.
Applicants should email Gavin Sanders at Way Forward. SCEE have retained Way Forward and any direct applications will be sent to the company.