This year, the winners were chosen from over 300 entries by parent and child testers across the US.
The top 30 toys for Christmas will be published in FamilyFun’s November issue, but we have a sneak peak at the top ten winners below.
Ann Hallock, creative director, FamilyFun, commented: "After compiling all of the feedback from our family testers, it was clear which toys were a hit and are destined to be hot holiday picks this coming season — toys that both kids and parents will love.
"The trend for tablet-like toys, and toys with downloadable apps such as LeapPad Explorer, was in full force this year. On the flip side, family games, such as Perplexus Epic and Richard Scarry’s Busytown Busy, Busy Airport Game, continued to be a big hit as families look for low-cost, low-tech ways to have fun together."
Top ten FamilyFun T.O.Y. Award Winners for 2011:
- Hot Wheels Wall Tracks Starter Set - Mattel
- Meon Deluxe Animation Studio - Skyrocket Toys
- Perplexus Rookie and Perplexus Epic – PlaSmart
- Alien Mothership – Lego
- Whipple Deluxe Pastry Set – International Playthings
- Bogo – Razor
- LeapPad Explorer - LeapFrog
- Richard Scarry’s Busytown Busy, Busy Airport – Wonder Forge
- Pirate Ship - Box Creations
- Head Shotz Twin Battle Pack - Silverlit
Next month, FamilyFun will launch the Toyhopper app, which helps parents to find gifts, including the award winning toys. The app is sponsored by Lego Games