The Pictionary mobile app has received Google Play's Best of 2017 award for Most Social Game, with the recognition coming just in time for the launch of the updated seasonal holiday pack which brings new festive features to the game.
Based on the classic top selling draw & guess board game, the new Pictionary mobile version features a colourful interface with the spirit of the board game that fans know and love, incorporating a selection of drawing tools and a team of fun characters.
Created by Etermax, who had previously worked on Trivia Crack, the Pictionary app was launched in early 2017 in partnership with Mattel and now boasts six million players around the world.
The game is available to download for free now on iOS and Android devices. See the full list of features in the holiday update, below:
- The mobile app now complements the physical game: It’s now possible to combine the physical game and the Pictionary™ app: a brand new mode enables users to extend the variety of cards available in the board game in order to discover new cards and categories within the mobile app.
- New drawing categories: Pictionary users can now select the category they want to play with. New categories such as “Sport” and “Movies” have been added to the game. Plenty others, including “Food”, are coming soon.
- Holiday-themed update: December is here, and Christmas is in the air: the characters, splash icon and various other items have been updated holiday-style.
- New tool: The “Zoom” tool is now available for all users, adding more precision to the drawings.
- New languages: Finnish, Norwegian, Danish and Swedish.
- Optimization:The waiting time between rounds has been shortened.