The Tatty Teddy and My Blue Nose Friends characters have become international best-sellers in the plush, gifting and apparel categories and are also doing well online with a new internet social game - Me to You My Place.
Due to the popularity, Carte Blanche has signed up a number of licensees to create a toy line which will hit shelves in autumn 2012.
The products range from interactive plush, collectable figures and play-sets to outdoor play, role-play, prams and pushchairs, craft kits, games and activity books.
Licensing partners for the toy range include Worlds Apart, Flair, HTI, Ravensburger, Raleigh, Alligator Books and Inspiration Works.
The toy launch will be backed by sponsorship and advertising on key children’s TV channels, as well as PR activity across digital and traditional media.
Caroline Weaver, Carte Blanche brand manager, said: "Expansion into the toy category is the next logical step for Tatty Teddy and My Blue Nose Friends, but it’s a move we’ve considered very carefully.
"It has taken many months of research and planning to tailor our brands correctly for this market. We think the results are absolutely spectacular, combining the very latest toy technology with our loveable, fun and super-cute characters."
The new range will include:
• Sleep Tight Tatty Teddy – an interactive bear which plays a lullaby, with a blue nose which glows in the dark. The teddy also interacts with Join In and Play My Blue Nose Friends
• Join In and Play My Blue Nose Friends – with ‘smart chat’ technology to enable conversations between Join In and Play My Blue Nose Friends. Also interacts with Interactive Storytime Tatty Teddy, Sleep Tight Tatty Teddy, and the child
• Interactive Storytime Tatty Teddy with storybook and interactive technology. Also interacts with Join In and Play My Blue Nose Friends
• Dress Up Tatty Teddy - Fun experience with Tatty Teddy, creating cute looks from an all-occasion wardrobe.
• Tatty Teddy Music Player – a plush Tatty Teddy which can play music and stories (with generic plug to ensure compatibility with MP3 players)
• Tatty Teddy’s Heart House & Little Blue Motor Car are two play-sets to house the collectable figures from Worlds Apart
In the longer term, the brands are set to expand further with a children’s book publishing programme and animated TV series, due to launch in 2013/14.
"Tatty Teddy and My Blue Nose Friends are already number one selling brands across gifting, apparel and celebration cakes," added Weaver.
"They are known, loved and trusted by children and parents. In the toy category, the possibilities are endless. It’s hugely exciting to be working with one of the hottest properties in the market today."