MGA vows to continue

Reuters reports that MGA will carry on with a spring 2010 Bratz line despite recent court rulings.
Author:
Publish date:
5_Pocoyo.jpg

The firm says it will go forward with plans for a spring 2010 line of Bratz dolls despite a court order that it turn the $1billion-plus line over to Mattel, according to a statement from MGA and its temporary receiver.

MGA boss Isaac Larian said the company would "continue to sell and ship Bratz" with the oversight of court-appointed receiver Patrick Fraioli while it appeals a federal judge's order to stop making and selling the dolls.

Larian said the order "will not impact the production, distribution or sales on any of the company's other brands," such as Little Tikes and Rescue Pets.

Fraioli said in the statement that he wants to avoid "as much as possible any disruption for those doing business with MGA" and to preserve and maximise the franchise's value during the receivership.

Earlier this week, a judge refused to reduce a $100 million award a jury granted Mattel in its copyright infringement lawsuit against MGA.

In a final injunction, he also lifted a stay on his previous order that bars MGA from making or selling the dolls, appointed a receiver and ordered the company to file a full accounting of all profits that have resulted from all sales of Bratz products since August. 26th, 2008.

MGA said it would immediately appeal the ruling.

Related

Featured Jobs

GAMEPLAN LOGO 3D hi res

Marketing Director UK

Gameplan I Southeast of England I Salary: Competitive I Date Published Monday 7th January 2019

Rainbow logo landscape_home of classic Final

Product Manager

Rainbow Designs Ltd I Olympia, London I Salary: Competitive I Date Published Wednesday 16th January 2019