Hamleys demonstrators have drawn on 250 years of toys and games experience, to identify which toys will be the leaders of the pack come December.
Themes identified by the retailer have highlighted a new take on traditional children’s toys, such as a Mega’s 2009 version of spinning tops, Battle Strikers, the latest incarnation of the Rubik's puzzle and the new Bop It speed.
Kids’ versions of adult gadgets remain popular as seen with VTech’s KidiZoom and TV learning console. Other popular choices include licensed toys based on the summer blockbusters, from Transformers to Barbie dolls.
The top ten list is as follows:
1. Battle Strikers Tournament Set – Mega Brands
2. Transformers Bumblebee Helmet - Hasbro
3. Transformers Movie Leaders - Hasbro
4. V Motion - VTech
5. Kidizoom Camera - VTech
6. Barbie & the Three Musketeers Doll – Mattel
7. Barbie & the Three Musketeers Miette Kitten – Mattel
8. Rubik’s 360 – Drumond Park
9. Bop It – Hasbro
10. Lego Minotaurus Game - Lego
Hamleys head of retail, Nigel Wheatley commented: “From the traditional classics like Lego, Barbie and Slinky, to dressing up dreams and the latest in electronic wizardry, we have one of our best ranges in years wrapped up for a bumper Christmas this year.”