This year's finest toys and games have been unveiled at the "Oscars" of the toy industry, the Toy of the Year Awards.
The 13th annual awards ceremony kicked off the 110th American International Toy Fair, which has attracted some 33,000 toy buyers.
The overall “Toy of the Year” award was presented to LEGO Friends, while LeapPad2 from LeapFrog picked up the “People’s Choice” award.
Two awards went to Flair products.
Simon Hedge, MD of GP Flair, commented: "To have not one, but two of our major brands for 2013 highly prominent in the US Toy Fair Awards is a great indication of the year ahead for both Flair and our retail partners.
"Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles has already got off to a tremendous start since its release in December and the reaction from the trade to Doc McStuffins is equally exciting. We are all looking forward to the months ahead as we see the full collections come to market."
Carter Keithley, TIA President, added: “The TOTY Awards are a joyous way to kick off Toy Fair week.
“This event honours the creativity and innovation of the toy industry while supporting the philanthropic work of our very own Toy Industry Foundation (TIF), which brings the gift of play into the lives of needy children around the world.”
The list of winners is as follows:
- Activity Toy of the Year - LEGO Friends (The LEGO Group)
- Boy Toy of the Year - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Shellraiser (Playmates Toys)
- E-Connected Toy of the Year - Skylanders Giants (Activision Publishing, Inc.)
- Educational Toy of the Year - LeapPad2 (LeapFrog Enterprises, Inc.)
- Game of the Year - Perplexus Epic (PlaSmart Inc.)
- Girl Toy of the Year - LEGO Friends (The LEGO Group)
- Infant/Toddler Toy of the Year - Tranquil Turtle (Cloud b)
- Innovative Toy of the Year - Digital Light Designer (Crayola)
- Outdoor Toy of the Year - The Original Big Wheel (Kids Only, Inc., a division of JAKKS Pacific, Inc.)
- Pre-school Toy of the Year - Doc McStuffins “Time For Your Check-Up” Doll (Just Play)
- Property of the Year - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Nickelodeon)
- Specialty Toy of the Year - LEGO Architecture (The LEGO Group)
Want to receive up to the minute toy industry news straight to your inbox? Click here to sign up for the free ToyNews Daily Digest and Newsflash services. You can also follow ToyNews on Twitter and Facebook.