Play Fair will be making its debut at New York Toy Fair this month, and is ramping up its play experiences for guests during the event.
Hosted by the Toy Industry Association (TIA) and LeftField Media, Play Fair will offer attendees interactive experiences with toys and iconic characters, with the help of participating brands including, Hasbro, Mattel, Marvel and more.
Play Fair experiences include:
- Check out the new Batmobile from Warner Bros. Pictures' Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
- Slide down the PAW Patrol slide, snap photos with PAW Patrol costume characters Chase, Marshall, Skye and Rubble, and get a look at the newest PAW Patrol pup, Tracker, who will join the series this fall
- Join Hasbro for the ultimate lightsaber training session. With the help of the Empire Saber Guild, get a hands-on learning experience about lightsaber forms and techniques
- Build a LEGO car and race it down a ramp against other LEGO builders
- Explore the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle tunnels and mimic their favorite Turtle moves with Magic Mirror technology
- Gross out with an epic booger battle, experience the slimy, gross play of Booger Balls for the first time by picking and flicking them at Booger Ball targets
- Enjoy the interactive Thomas & Friends experience by Mattel
- Create their own toy review videos and have chances to win Toys R Us gift cards
- Test out the latest from NERF in the NERF arena
- Test out the newest Razor rides, like Jetts, the new sparking Heel Wheels, and other awesome Razor rides like the Power CoreTM E90, Crazy Cart and RipSurf
- Purchase exclusive collectible toys
- Every attendee will receive a gift bag with toys and fun goodies from event sponsors
Play Fair's live performances and appearances include:
- Meet and take photos with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Shimmer and Shine, SpongeBob SquarePants, the Miraculous Ladybug and Cat Noir, Chase and Marshall from PAW Patrol, Dora, Saban's Power Rangers Dino Super Charge, Peppa Pig, PJ Masks, and more
- The cast of Nickelodeon's hit show Game Shakers – Cree Cicchino (Babe), Madisyn Shipman (Kenzie), Thomas Kuc (Hudson), Benjamin Flores Jr. (Triple G), and Kel Mitchell (Double G) – who will host a panel on Saturday to debut their new app, Nasty Goats
- Jon Scieszka, best-selling author behind The Stinky Cheese Man and The True Story of the Three Little Pigs, will read from his Frank Einstein science book series
- All-ages comic creators Art Baltazar, Franco Aureliani, Abby Denson, Dave Roman, Matt Loux, and Misako Rocks will sketch and sign their books for fans
- Meet Toys R Us mascot, Geoffrey the Giraffe, enjoy story time and participate in fun birthday-themed activities
- Take in episodes of Ultimate Spider-Man: Web-Warriors, We Bare Bears, and Teen Titans Go on a massive movie screen
- Take photos with Shopkins mascot characters, including Strawberry Kiss and Lippy Lips, and color your favorite Shopkins characters
- LEGO Master Builder Erik Varszegi presents insider tips on creating LEGO masterpieces
- The girls of Make it Pop will reveal their new fashion doll series on February 14th. Join them on the Toys R Us Stage at 11.30am for an exclusive interview, live performance and a chance to meet the cast
- YouTube personalities including DisneyCarToys, Mommy and Gracie Show, and KittiesMama will meet with fans and host toy unboxings live on the Toys R Us Stage
Greg Topalian, president of LeftField Media, said: “We're thrilled at the response to Play Fair.
“We have dozens of toy and entertainment brands signed on to offer one-of-a-kind experiences, and we know attendees will have a playful weekend to remember."
Play Fair will open its doors to guests on February 13th and 14th, with ticket prices starting at $30.