Kiddicare chooses Wincanton - ToyNews

Kiddicare chooses Wincanton

Baby specialist to work with firm on logistics services as it goes multi-channel.
Author:
Publish date:
5_Kiddicare logo.jpg

Baby specialist Kiddicare is to work with supply chain company Wincanton to provide logistics services as it grows from mainly online to including bricks and mortar stores.

Kiddicare - which is part of the Morrisons family - currently generates 85 per cent of revenue through its website and mobile platforms, while its flagship Peterborough superstore accounts for the remaining 15 per cent of sales.

Back in January, Kiddicare and Morrisons acquired former Best Buy locations across England, with Wincanton having now won the contract to management the fulfilment of the new superstores.

The firm will re-fit the 200,000 sq ft site in Daventry, Northamptonshire to receive, pick and pack millions of items annually for the new network of Kiddicare outlets, as well as the business' online orders.

The first Kiddicare goods into Daventry are expected this month.

"We needed to find a supply chain partner who we could trust to manage a complex and rapid warehouse start up that also had the experience and ability to meet the challenges of a multi-channel sales environment," said Grant Henley, Kiddicare's operations director.

Want to receive up to the minute toy industry news straight to your inbox? Click here to sign up for the free ToyNews Daily Digest and Newsflash services. You can also follow ToyNews on Twitter and Facebook.

Related

Featured Jobs

Copyrights Group

Marketing Manager

The Copyrights Group is one of the licensing arms within The Vivendi Group. Acquired by Vivendi in 2016 Copyrights manages the licensing for a portfolio of properties to include Paddington Bear. Some of the other companies within the Vivendi Group include Universal Music Group, and their licensing arm Bravado, Gameloft and Studiocanal to name a few.