Newell Rubbermaid is a global marketer of consumer and commercial products.The firm is committed to building consumer and commercial 'Brands That Matter', while leveraging the benefits of being one company: shared expertise, operating efficiencies, and a culture of innovation.
The portfolio of globally recognized brands includes Sharpie, Paper Mate, DYMO, EXPO, Waterman, Parker, Rolodex, IRWIN, LENOX, Rubbermaid, Graco, Calphalon, Goody, and Teutonia.
The B&PE division of Newell Rubbermaid is a global business unit (GBU) aspiring to achieve $1bn in net sales within three years. A leader in the nursery industry, the GBU develops and markets strollers, car seats, and home nursery products under three major brands: Graco, Aprica and Teutonia.
The EMEA region currently represents a fifth of the division's global sales and is recognized as a key growth opportunity. Over the past few years, the GBU has built up solid regional capability to beat strong local competition in its core EMEA markets.
The key markets, referred to as clusters, are the UK & Ireland and Central/Nordic (Germany/Switzerland/Austria/Denmark/Sweden/Norway/Finland).
The firm is currently looking to recruit an EMEA product compliance associate, based in Fradley, Birmingham.
Main purpose/goal of the job
Ensure products conform to applicable regulatory standards for the markets in which they are sold and as defined internally by the Baby & Parenting Essentials division of Newell Rubbermaid.
Collaborate with functional areas of the business (e.g. quality, engineering, marketing, sales, etc) acting as the compliance champion to assist in the development of new products by providing an understanding and interpretation of compliance standards.
Job tasks/ Content
Among others, the selceted candidate will have the following responsibilities:
· Review and understand those compliance standards that apply to B&PE products in every EMEA market in which the products are sold.
· Manage the certification and compliance process keeping documentation up to date and accessible to the business.
· Translate and communicate compliance requirements of the regulatory standards to key stakeholders in functional areas of the business.
· Stay abreast of changes to regulatory standards through frequent reviews of the standards and communicate accordingly to the company.
· Assist product development teams in the design of new products and revision of existing products to assure compliance to applicable regulatory standards.
· Represent the company to external entities (i.e. suppliers, retail customers, etc.) in matters dealing with product compliance.
· When a compliance issue arises, assist in performing a thorough analysis to determine root cause and ensure that proper barriers are in place to prevent a recurrence.
· Two years of experience in a Product Conformance or Engineering role developing commercial consumer products. Juvenile industry experience preferred.
· Experience with Quality Control systems and good manufacturing practices.
· Experience in developing instructions/specifications for manufacturing support teams.
· Good interpersonal/communication skills with the ability and comfort to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization, both internally and externally
· Results orientated
· Able to utilize a range of techniques to gain cooperation and break through roadblocks
Previous experience in the juvenile products industry would be a strong advantage; particularly, an understanding of the various regulatory requirements for juvenile products throughout Europe.
Are you interested?
Go to the company's career site - Click Here
Go to "Careers", select the region "Europe, Middle East & Africa", enter the job ID 1102034, then click apply online.
Candidates can attach up to five documents, maximum size of 500 KB each.
Newell Rubbermaid and its Business Units are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply.