Now in its sixth year, the Duracell European Toy Survey asked children to nominate their favourite toys from a selection available for Christmas 2005.
The survey results provide manufacturers, retailers and parents with market intelligence on the newest and hottest products and offer a key insight into every child?s toy wish list in time for the festive season.
The full top ten UK toy list reads:
1. Feva ? Girl Crush Air Brush Tattoo
2. Character Options ? Roboraptor
3. Technitoys ? SCX The Digital System
4. Mega Bloks ? Dragon Mountain
5. Funrise ? Dr Dreadful Freaky Food Lab
6. Hasbro ? Fur Real Friends Luv Cubs
7. Hasbro ? Star Wars Darth Vader Voice Changer Mask
8. Mattel ? Hot Wheels AcceleRacer Swamp Beast Set
9. Upstarts ? Indoor Keepy Uppy
10. Tomy ? Cella Sticker Machine
This year saw a competitive 185 toys entered by 34 different manufacturers, of which 49 were short-listed and tested. 900 children aged five to ten-year-old tested the toys across nine major European countries.
Flavio Palumbo, Senior Business Manager at Duracell said: "Year after year we see new trends emerging within the toy world - toys are continuously developing and advancing. This year?s toys fought off seriously tough competition to gain their place inside the top ten of what is fast becoming the most credible toy survey in the UK. Many manufacturers are acknowledging this - expressing an interest into using they can use the Duracell Toy Survey logo on pack to highlight their performance in this year?s survey."