TIA members and non-member stakeholders within the North American toy industry are eligible to submit candidates for consideration. Those wishing to submit entries can download the form here.
Consideration for the Toy Industry Hall of Fame are limited to individuals (living or deceased) who have made outstanding contributions and/or provided outstanding service to the toy industry and to the Toy Industry Association. The TIA have outlined that candidates should have accomplishments such as:
- Long experience in the industry
- Innovative product or marketing introductions
- Manufacturing process changes, which significantly improved the process or product
- Service on the TIA Board of Directors, or in other important capacities in or related to toys and youth entertainment
- An unimpeachable record of integrity and respect in the industry
- A prominent role in:
- Promoting the public’s awareness and appreciation of the importance of toys in the lives of children, or
- Promoting the public's awareness of the toy industry as a significant and responsible member of the business community.
In any given year, there can be between two and six inductees into the Hall of Fame.
The committee will meet in July to review the nominations received and to propose a slate of five living and three posthumous candidates for consideration via a ballot of current members of the TIA board, TIA board members who have served in the previous five years, and former Hall of Fame inductees.