The Retail Week Award for Best Store Design is open to all toy retailers trading in the UK and Ireland and is self-nominating.
The award aims to find the Toy Retailer in the UK and Ireland with the greatest quality design elements.
Criteria will include retailers’ store design including new or unique elements, any new or innovative design ideas, specific product displays such as window display design and also practical in store elements such as use of lighting, technology and shop fittings.
John Ryan, stores editor at Retail Week commented: "Better-designed stores usually mean better sales and so it is a pleasure for Retail Week to be able to support a BTHA award that recognises the importance of this element of the marketing mix. At a time when shoppers' budgets are likely to be under pressure, a good-looking store will clearly have an edge and design is more relevant than ever."
Stores will be judged by a panel of industry experts including; suppliers, sales agents and managers and Retail Week.
Shortlisted and winning retailers will be entitled to the following:
- Official certificate for shortlisted and/or winner in appropriate category to display in store
- Official Winners trophy awarded to the winner in appropriate category.
- All shortlisted retailers will be included in Awards publicity before the event including official press releases via industry related and retail titles and the BTHA’s website
- Permission to use Toy Industry Awards official logo on retailers’ own publicity post event for press releases, on websites, emails and other publications or literature (logo is specific to the category winner)
- Quotes from the BTHA on the reasons for selection for use in publicity following the event
- Independent Toy Retailer of the Year
- Multiple Toy Retailer of the Year
- Toy Retailer (Grocer) of the Year
- Toy Catalogue of the Year
- Online Toy Retailer of the Year
For an application form or more details on entering the awards contact Liz@btha.co.uk or call 020 7701 7127.
The awards will be presented alongside the TRA’s Toy of the Year Awards at Banqueting House in London on the first evening of the Toy Fair on 25th January 2011. Tickets cost £125 + VAT and are selling out fast. For ticket enquiries call Matt Jones on 020 7701 7127.