Retailers can again compete nationally in like-for-like categories and can apply in more than one category, if applicable.
The BTHA is looking to open entries to the retailer awards further and has created an application process which will again allow self nominations, as well as those coming from a panel of nationwide industry experts. The application process has been specifically designed to capture retailers’ key details whilst creating a more simple 'user friendly' application form.
The categories will be as follows:
- Best independent toy retailer (no more than two stores).
- Best Multiple toy retailer (three or more stores, on high street or as part of larger department store).
- Best toy department (grocer).
- Best toy catalogue (catalogue sales either as a main business or as a department of your store offering).
- Best online toy retailer (either as a main business or as a department of your store offering).
- Best overall toy retailer for UK and Ireland – the overall winner will be picked from the winners of the other categories and announced at the Industry Awards Evening.
Shortlisted and winning retailers will be entitled to the following:
- Official certificate for shortlisted and/or winner in appropriate category to display in store.
- Official Winners trophy awarded to the winner in appropriate category.
- All shortlisted retailers will be included in awards publicity before the event including official press releases.
- Permission to use Toy Industry Awards official logo on retailers’ own publicity post event for press releases, on websites, emails and other publications or literature (logo is specific to the category winner).
- Quotes from the BTHA on the reasons for selection for use in publicity following the event.
The finalists will be announced in December with the winners being unveiled alongside the Toy of the Year Award winners on 25th January 2011 at the Banqueting House, Whitehall.
Tickets for the event are priced at £125+VAT and are on sale now. For all ticket and table enquiries please contact Matt Jones on 020 7701 7127 or email email@example.com.
To enter the competition email Liz@btha.co.uk for an application form and further entry information.