The 2011 Toy Retailer of the Year Awards invites retailers to compete nationally across seven categories. Each business can apply in more than one category, if applicable.
In a new category for 2011, judges will have the ability to make a special recognition award at their discretion once they have viewed all entries. However, this is not a category for which retailers can actively submit an entry.
In order to open the entries further, the BTHA has created an application process which allows self nominations, with further proposals coming from a panel of nationwide industry experts.
The application process has been specifically designed to capture retailers’ key details, while also creating a more simple ‘user friendly’ application form.
The 2011 Toy Retailer of the Year Awards categories are as follows:
• Best independent toy retailer (no more than two stores)
• Best Multiple toy retailer (three or more stores, on High Street or as part of larger department store)
• Best toy department (grocer)
• Best toy catalogue (catalogue sales either as a main business or as a department of your store offering)
• Best online toy retailer (either as a main business or as a department of your store offering)
• Best overall toy retailer for UK and Ireland – the overall winner will be picked from the winners of the other categories and announced at the Industry Awards Evening.
• Special Recognition Award (new for 2011) – Judges will have the ability to make a Special Recognition Award after considering all entries. This is not a category for which retailers can submit an entry.
The finalists will be announced in December, with the winners being revealed alongside the Toy of the Year Award winners, at the industry’s annual gala evening on January 24th 2012 at Banqueting House.
If you would like to enter the competition please email Liz@btha.co.uk for an application form and the associated entry information.
The 2011 Toy Industry Awards will again take place at the Banqueting House on the first night of Toy Fair. The evening itself will compromise a drinks reception with canapés followed by a two course meal and the awards ceremony.
Tickets for the event are priced at £135+VAT and are on sale now. For all ticket and table enquiries please contact Matt Jones on 020 7701 7127 or email email@example.com.