PlayFusion is looking for a driven, results oriented and experienced Director of Sales for our UK based trading card game business. This role will drive sales strategy, customer service, and revenue growth of:
· The Lightseekers physical trading card game
· A new (soon to be announced) licensed TCG featuring an iconic IP
· A number of future trading card game releases
The perfect candidate will be a self-starter and have experience working in a lean, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. Sales targets include local game stores and distributors across the UK and Benelux markets, so the availability to travel (domestically and internationally) as needed is very important. This position will be well-suited to an individual who is proactive, creative, and accountable and has a demonstrated track record of TCG sales growth. A passion for trading card games and digital entertainment is essential.
- We’re looking for someone who’s highly connected in the trading card game industry, bringing with them solid relationships with partners, local game stores, and distributors. You are exceptionally savvy and have the skills to develop strong relationships across a complex matrix of internal and external stakeholders.
- 10+ years of experience in physical trading card game sales with a proven track record of sales growth. Experience launching new physical trading card games and digital trading card games is a plus.
- Organised, proven self-starter; able to initiate, prioritise and drive sales growth from strategic planning through to execution and measurement.
- A collaborative team player who can operate alone when necessary, work with teammates virtually, and is happy to lead and follow given the circumstances.
- Excellent communication skills; able to strike the right balance in all situations from sales calls to cross-functional working groups to executive presentations.
- Strong analytical skills; able to measure progress to identify and act upon opportunities for improvement.
Drive sales growth of PlayFusion’s Lightseekers Trading Card Game, a new licensed TCG featuring an iconic IP, and any future trading card game releases.
Liaise and work with internal teams to ensure product assortment is optimized for retailers, sales materials are on point, and effective in-store programs are in place for player retention.
Assemble sales plans to achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual goals. Track and report weekly results to the broader team. Proactively explain any potential shortfalls and make recommendations for getting back on track.
Direct implementation and execution of sales policies and practices.
Build and maintain strong professional relationships across all channels. Direct working experience and relationships with local game stores and distributors is essential.
Ensure the business has the correct tools to build, maintain, and grow strong customer relationships.
We are looking for an ambitious, go-for-it person who is highly entrepreneurial but also results-oriented. Must be comfortable in a start-up environment. If you crave structure and need micro-management, then we probably aren't the company for you. A desire to live deeply immersed in the trading card game community is essential. Our perfect person will sniff out opportunity, figure it out, make it happen, and take pride in building something special.