Crayola is a leading brand in children’s art & craft material.
This newly created position, within our European organisation, will be reporting to the QA Manager-EMEA and based in Bedford.
The Snr QA Engineer - EMEA supports our European, Middle East and African effort to achieve and demonstrate compliance to quality requirements. This individual partners with the rest of the Global QA team and provides overall direction on both product and process requirements to meet the expectations of our EMEA customers as well as our statutory obligations.
Below is an outline of the duties & responsibilities together with a job specification.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide project management for the qualification of new products to meet all appropriate Crayola and EU requirements. Partner with our EMEA distributors and business units to ensure the Crayola product they market meet these requirements.
- Work closely with external test houses to ensure product safety compliance.
- Identify and ensure compliance with relevant quality standards for our EMEA markets. Partner with the EMEA management team to understand our strategy and develop our capability of meeting these requirements, particularly in designated growth markets.
- Provide oversight and direction to our suppliers regarding requirements and expectations for products being sold in EMEA markets. Partner with CHK, Crayola SEA QA, the Easton-based QA team and the QA Manager, EMEA to ensure these suppliers have and maintain the necessary quality management systems and capabilities to meet both statutory and internal Crayola requirements.
- Build the capability of the Global Quality Team by sharing best practices and expanding our internal understanding of EMEA quality requirements. Be an internal advocate for the needs of the EMEA business.
- Reviewing customer/consumer feedback and using this to inform quality processes and decisions.
- Model the company’s desired culture and leadership competencies.
Knowledge, skills and abilities normally required for competent performance in the job.)
· Bachelor’s degree in a Chemistry/Chemical Engineering or equivalent.
· 3+ years Quality Assurance experience in a global business, preferably consumer or children’s’ products.
· Experience in problem solving techniques and demonstrated ability to drive continuous improvement.
· Knowledgeable regarding QA test methods, particularly EU requirements as they apply to children’s art and stationery products and toys (e.g. EN-71, BS7272, and the European Toy Safety Directive, etc).
· Experience in the evaluation of quality systems and demonstrated ability to partner with external suppliers to drive continuous improvement.
· Ability and willingness to work effectively across cultures and time zones; strong collaboration and communication skills to partner with cross-functional team members.
· Excellent communication, customer service and organizational skills
· Ability to travel internationally 10-20%
To apply for the role, get in touch with Harry Agarwal via email@example.com or 01234 363014