Who We Are
HIT Entertainment, part of Mattel, one of the world's leading toy and entertainment companies, specialising in building powerful brands based on engaging stories. We work with play!
Our portfolio of leading global brands has right-now impact, and we have teams dedicated to inspiring and developing the next great toy brand! In addition to developing our own IP, we work with pretty much all the top licenses around the globe, from superheroes to superstar wrestlers. We’re in the digital space with exciting online and mobile content, and we’re also looking to the future with homegrown properties like Barbie®. We have the unique opportunity to help shape the development and memories of this generation of children - and hopefully generations to come.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you read on for further details!
The Contract System Coordinator is a newly created role to support the deal term entry process into Mattel’s new Contract Management System for its Licensing business. The role will support the Business Teams at the Deal & Amendment phase of the contracting process and act in conjunction with the System Administration team.
· Supporting the contract entry process by understanding & maintaining how the legal agreements relevant deal terms are captured, edited and maintained in a system designed to maintain specific data that are common across all agreements. Deals relate to the TV, DVD, SVOD, Live Events, Consumer Products, Gaming and Publishing industries.
· Understand Business needs for Contract Amendments and take ownership in entering these change requests into contract management system with the highest degree of accuracy and proficiency.
· Work with a disparate group of business contacts across markets and time zones to answer questions about how best to utilize the system and insure the business terms they are in the process of negotiating are being entered appropriately for internal review and approval.
· Support of the Finance/Accounting function to finalise executed contracts and amendments in the rights management system – this entails reviewing the details on the system against copies of the fully executed contracts and ensuring all details match.
· Responding to queries from the Business, Finance/Accounting, System Administration and Legal teams
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Minimum of some previous Contracts Administration experience.
· Understanding of the licensing arena and of the importance of rights management
· Finance: understanding of financial concepts as they relate to license agreements royalties, advances, guarantees, invoicing
· IT skills; good understanding and hands on experience of a rights management system is imperative - as well as Excel, MS Outlook
· Ability to use initiative and be pro-active and flexible
· Excellent communication skills, capable of working seamlessly across markets, cultures and time zones.
· Excellent administrative and organisational skills with strong attention to detail
· Ability to act/think logically
· Ability to stay calm under pressure