The V&A’s commercial department has developed an award winning global brand licensing programme, the profits of which are covenanted to the V&A. Maternity cover is needed for the established Brand Licensing Account Manager role.
Purpose of job
Responsibility for managing licensee relationships in multiple categories across multiple territories. This currently includes Europe, USA, South Korea, Japan and China. Focusing on range expansion, converting new leads; establishing new relationships with retailers in order to maximise revenue. Ensuring new licensees are provided with design and brand guidelines and marketing support and that all licensed products are approved and promoted in line with the V&A’s guidelines. Assisting the team with marketing and press activities and organising and attending relevant trade events.
- Managing and providing support to the licensees across the V&A’s entire portfolio.
- Working with Head of Licensing, Senior Brand Licensing Manager and Research & Development Manager to renew/expand current licenses, using retail updates and product performance to identify opportunities to renew/expand current licenses, through expanded ranges, coordinated promotions and offers.
- Working with Head of Licensing and Senior Brand Licensing Manager to identify potential new licensees, ensuring no overlap with existing and established partners.
- Working closely with the Research & Development Manager and Buyers to establish whether proposed products/product ranges may be relevant for V&A retail.
- Working closely with licensees and retailers to develop marketing campaigns, DTRs and other retail activities to maximise revenue opportunities.
- Working with the Head of Licensing, Senior Brand Licensing Manager and Research & Development Manager to agree initial creative direction and inspiration for product ranges.
- Providing ongoing creative feedback and updating databases with product approvals, prototypes, packaging and samples as applicable.
- Reviewing quarterly and annual sales reports and analysis for all product categories and regions. Utilise this information to develop any key emerging trends.
- Ensuring sample products from managed licensees are shared internally, archived and stored appropriately.
- Working with the Senior Brand Licensing Manager and Marketing Manager to develop and deliver the on-going marketing plan for V&A Licensing.
- Working closely with the Research, Design, Marketing and Press teams to ensure relevant information is provided to industry press and media.
- Developing and managing the Brand Licensing Assistant.
- Assist with the preparation of documents and presentations for key meetings/presentations.
- Taking care of your personal health and safety and that of others and report any health and safety concerns. Ensure proactive compliance with V&A Policies, including risk assessments and implementing safe systems of work. 1. Be committed to health and safety and ensure familiarity with all of the Museum's health and safety policies and procedures.
- Be security conscious, ensure familiarity and co-operation with all museum security procedures and ensure you wear a security pass at all times when on museum premises.
- Promote equality and diversity in all aspects of your work by developing and maintaining positive working relationships, ensuring that colleagues are treated fairly and with respect/dignity and actively contributing to developments that support the museum’s strategy for widening access, inclusion and diversity.
- Carry out ad hoc duties as requested by appropriate managers within your department.
1. Exceptional analytical and project management skills.
2. Clear and concise written, verbal, and presentation skills.
3. Ability to build and maintain relationships with internal cross-functional teams.
4. Highly adaptable with experience meeting diverse customer needs.
5. Have a focus on delivery and be results driven.
6. Demonstrate creative flair, with ability to identify trends.
7. Show ambition for the business and with a positive, can-do attitude.
8. A team player.
9. Capacity for regular travel including to international locations.
1. Must have a strong sustained and proven background in licensing of consumer products, or brands for retail sales and client relationship management.
2. Experience of ensuring compliance with all appropriate policies, procedures, contracts and relevant legislation.
3. Experience of supporting on-going marketing activity to bolster sales.
4. Ability to support multiple development projects simultaneously.
5. Extensive experience in contract negotiation.
6. Track record of developing new and existing business categories within the licensing arena.
1. Demonstrate creative flair that will help the product development and licensing functions to achieve commercial growth.
2. Experience of managing suppliers and business partners.
3. Ideas based approach to new business that can add profitability to the bottom line and utilise the V&A collections creatively to drive new product development and licensing deals.
4. Build and maintain a good working knowledge of the IP available in the V&A’s collections.
5. Show excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and face to face, and demonstrate a good telephone manner.
6. Astute commercial acumen.
7. The ability and knowledge to bring a portfolio of industry contacts to the table to help build the V&A’s position and reputation in the market place would be desirable.
8. Product development experience in a variety of product categories.
9. Strong, imaginative and creative drive.
10. Experience managing a direct report
Hours/Salary: Maternity cover – Early April 2019 – June 2020 (14 months)
Net working hours (i.e. excluding meal breaks) are 36 per week.
Annual leave: 28 days plus 8 days public holidays
To apply for the role, visit https://www.vam.ac.uk/vacancies