Wilton Bradley specialises in the design, development, distribution, and marketing of consumer products in the toy and outdoor leisure markets. We supply our own brands and products to a broad range of customers, from independent and multi-national retailers to international distributors. Whilst product design and development are a key part of what we do, we also distribute a select number of market leading brands in the UK including Bestway and Lay-Z-Spa, two of the world’s leading inflatable/leisure brands. We have recently been recognised in the London Stock Exchange Group’s Report: 1,000 Companies to Inspire Britain, acknowledging the fastest growing businesses across sectors and regions which have achieved significant performance.
As a result of our continued growth, we are seeking an enthusiastic individual to work within an expanding department. The role will suit someone who is truly passionate about product Quality Assurance. We are offering a great opportunity to grow within a modern, forward thinking business with an ambitious growth plan.
The ideal person will be an expert in toy safety (EN71) with a quality background and used to managing quality remotely. However, training can be given to someone with an open approach to learning and who has the drive and determination to work hard for the business to achieve key objectives.
To ensure Wilton Bradley’s products are carefully designed and manufactured to the highest level of safety and quality; ensuring all products conform with the relevant legislation for their intended market whilst maintaining a supply base that meets the quality and ethical requirements laid out by the company and our customers / licensors.
You will be part of a small technical team working closely with Design, Buying and the key stakeholders of the business.
Planning, organising and follow up with our product team (UK based), our Hong Kong team or key factories, regarding product risk assessments and testing requirements on all new lines and of any product lines with physical, chemical, or legislative changes.
IDEAL PERSON SPECIFICATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Risk Assessment Training / Demonstrable experience in Product Risk Assessment
- Internal Auditor Training (e.g. IRCA)
- Demonstrable experience in a stand-alone QA role
- Testing & Inspections
- Writing and implementing procedures
- Working to the requirements of the Toy Safety Directive and relevant standards with emphasis on EN 71 parts 1, 2 & 3.
- Good knowledge and understanding of REACH requirements and chemical compliance risks
- Experience of working in a manufacturing / warehouse environment
- Working with counterparts in other countries including external testing agencies
- Experience of ethical auditing / monitoring systems, e.g. Amfori BSCI, SMETA, ICTI
- Experience of managing certified QMS such as ISO9001
DEMONSTRABLE BEHAVIOURS REQUIRED
- Self-motivated, self-starter and able to work independently
- Ability to quickly assimilate information / quick-thinking
- Highly organised
- Forward planning / Ability to prioritise
- Strong willed but know boundaries
- Commercial Acumen
- Flexible / Adaptable / Efficient
- Problem solving
- Thinking outside the box / Creative thinker
- Tact and diplomacy
- Calm under pressure
- Active listening
For Further Information:
Please contact the Human Resource department for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or call us on 01626 835400
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.