Website Gameplan Europe Ltd
Our client is a privately owned toy manufacturer developing its own brands of collectible toy ranges. The main markets are Western and Central Europe and the products are distributed in many other countries worldwide.
The company has expanded rapidly and a Project Director is to be recruited who will lead a team to create new characters and stories, and to develop toys based on the characters. The team will also develop videos for use in social media and advertising
The Project Director will be responsible for the development of a new brand, which will consist of characters in their world with stories based around the characters. The role will have creative, marketing, engineering and management responsibilities including
- Creating the characters of the brand, communicating this vision to the teams involved, planning and taking the necessary steps to make this vision a reality.
- Leading all the multidisciplinary teams involved in the project: concept ideation, toy developers, visual artists, modellers, graphic designers, animators and engineers.
The Project Director will report to the Chief Commercial Officer and also to the Chief Executive Officer/ proprietor. A team of concept developers, graphic artists, modellers, animators and engineers will report to the Project Director.
The role will be office based in Barcelona where the company has its headquarters office.
The various teams of the company can work in English, but Spanish or any additional European languages would be of advantage.
Applicants must have
- Experience in different fields in the toy industry, developing complete brands, not just toys and playsets
- A proactive attitude
- Excellent communication skills verbally and in writing and drawing
- Organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Experience leading teams of multidisciplinary designers
- Be self-motivated, committed and passionate about the work.
To learn more about this exciting position contact Andrew Dobbie at Gameplan Europe Ltd email@example.com or 01442 870100.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.