Twelve month maternity cover working with the Global Creative Team to deliver trend-based creative assets for consumer products across all Viacom | Nickelodeon properties for Global use.
This role demands in-depth knowledge of Viacom & Nickelodeon properties, graphic design for consumer products, mass market and fashion trends and the Global consumer landscape.
Reports to: VP Design Director, Global Creative Group
CREATIVE TEAM VISION
The Global Creative Group works in partnership with Domestic, EMEA, Asia and Americas Creative and Business Teams to identify specific needs for property-specific Seasonal Style Guides, Trend Capsules and retail pitches in order to maintain creative excellence and strive to increase revenue through product development reinforcing and building brand equity.
The VP Design Director, Global Creative Group and Global Associate Art Director work in partnership with the Global Creative Group to identify specific Global and International needs.
- Research and identify trends to create original design and assets for use on consumer products for all Viacom properties including Nickelodeon and MTV.
- Ongoing delivery of Seasonal Guides and Trend Capsules for Global use against retail calendars.
- Initiate, manage and assist in the research of original creative projects.
- Hands-on designer, excellent Adobe suite skills, typography and understanding of fashion applications.
- Ability to art direct external agencies when required.
- Strategic thinker providing direction for product, trends and business opportunities – expertise in identifying new opportunities relating to Viacom.
- Ensure regular updates and clear communication with line manager, reporting upwards when necessary on an ongoing basis.
- Maintain regular formal communication between team. e.g. status meetings and reports, peer to peer meeting.
- Initiate new Seasonal Guides concept development for each upcoming season.
- Propose new Style Guide and Trend Capsule concepts and directions on an ongoing basis.
- Ownership of and responsibility for all projects, from conception to delivery.
- Supervise, direct and review design produced by agencies/freelancers to ensure all goals are met and creative quality meets a high standard.
- Assist in management of external design sources in absence of VP Design Global Creative.
ROLE-SPECIFIC SKILLS CREATIVE
- Innovative: initiator of new trends and designs.
- Proactive and passionate about design.
- Relevant design degree.
- Extensive experience working in a senior level hands-on creative position in a related industry.
- Excellent design skills, creative abilities, design sense and aesthetic judgment.
- Excellent in typography, layout, design, production and use of color.
- Approximately 8 or more years of graphic design, design for fashion applications, trend and production experience.
- Excellent operating knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- As assigned by line manager oversee exploratory and/or special projects.
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple projects in various stages simultaneously, with excellent time management skills.
- Manage own workload alongside managing external resource.
- Review designers’/agency work in terms of concept, design, art style, typography, composition and colour.
- Strong awareness of market trends.
- Business, strategic and commercially minded.
- Thorough working knowledge of PowerPoint, Word, Keynote and Excel.
- Excellent knowledge of the Licensing industry at all levels.
- Understanding of product development, manufacturing processes and limitations.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, strong organizational skills.
- Deputise for VP Global Creative as needed.
- Flexible, approachable, well organised, focused, decisive, tolerant, empathetic, and perceptive.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and prioritise.
- Possess a positive “can-do” attitude, diligent with a willingness to take on any project.
- Able to take feedback positively and respond accordingly.
- Exhibit an exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity, strategic thinking, problem-solving and resourcefulness.
- Effective and confident communication skills.
WHAT ARE OUR BENEFITS
- Private Medical Insurance: You will be eligible for our full Private Medial Cover (From 3 months)
- Season Ticket Loan: We’ll pay for your season travel card up front and you can pay us back across the year
- TV Package Discount: If you subscribe for the likes of Sky and Virgin Media, we’ll get £20 off your bill
- Pension Scheme: You will be eligible for our Pension Scheme from day one, as long as you are contributing to this, we’ll top this up with a voluntary contribution from us
- Discounted Gym Membership: We offer discounts to a number of Gyms Discounts at Local
- Shops and Restaurants: Whether you need a new pair of shoes or just want something tasty for lunch, we partner with a number of local businesses to offer us a discounted rate
- Access to Reward Gateway: With heaps of discounts on everyday shops, restaurants and household suppliers
- Happy to talk flexible working!
WHAT ARE OUR VALUES
Our values, and their related behaviours, guide how we show up to work each day and help ensure that we all treat each other with respect. We want these to feel relevant to all of our employees and all parts of the business, as we believe that when these behaviours are achieved, we are the best we can be. The three values are intertwined and work together to drive the business outcomes we seek, and once combined we believe these will power our company forward.
- Creativity: Push beyond the expected
- Passion: Stand up for what you believe in
- Risk-Taking: Take smart choices
- Inclusion: Embrace diverse perspectives
- Collaboration: Work together as one team
- Innovation: Use insights to drive the business
- Trust: Assume best intentions
- Transparency: Communicate clearly and openly
- Accountability: Deliver, and own the outcome
At Viacom, we value and celebrate difference. We want to ensure that we fully represent the make-up of UK society in our workforce as well as bringing diverse perspectives to our business. We want to make sure Diversity and Inclusion are not just buzz words; we truly want to foster an authentic inclusive environment, where all employees feel that they can bring their whole selves to work.
Our recruitment Privacy Notice for Viacom entities in the EEA and Switzerland is available here.
To apply for this job please visit careers.vimn.com.