We have an exciting opportunity to work within Fenwick Kingston as an Assistant Buyer covering our Toys department.
Brilliantly British in style and spirit, Fenwick is the department store of note for shoppers of exceptional taste since 1882.
As an Assistant buyer you will work with line manager to build and create a product range and balanced assortment which is inspirational, creative and reflective of target customer profile across all Fenwick stores and online within your managers product category. Support line manager in sourcing and negotiating new brands, and trading existing brands using the buying power of the whole group to drive sales and profit and deliver greater market share in their specific categories, whilst implementing local range strategies for individual stores to differentiate product and create local propositions in each local context.
We are looking for a candidate who has;
• Numerate with good analytical skills
• Brand building experience
• Good knowledge of trends and social influencers
• Current/relevant product and market awareness
• Developed communication, negotiating, influencing and relationship skills
• Able to manage time well to prioritise multiple workstreams/objectives
• Good financial awareness and acumen
• Good working knowledge of excel and Buying & Merchandising system
• Experience of coaching, developing and supervising team members
The Closing date for applications for this role is 14.06.2019
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including:
• 25% Colleague Discount (some restrictions apply)
• Pension scheme
• 4 weeks holiday plus 1 additional day to take in the month of your birthday
• Holiday Purchase Scheme
• Business Dress Loan Scheme (if applicable)
• Fenwick Select -a voluntary benefit scheme which offers an extensive range of national and local discounts on a variety of products and services
• Cycle to Work scheme.
To apply for this job please visit www.peoplebank.com.