In the lead-up to the 2022 Las Vegas Licensing Expo, TOMY International has announced that it has collaborated with Hasbro to take brands including Peppa Pig, Transformers, and My Little Pony to new platforms, territories and age ranges.
TOMY and Hasbro are historical partners and are now strategically expanding the portfolio where TOMY’s expertise and geographies could serve the popular properties. New developments reaching the Americas, EMEA, and ANZ are:
- Peppa Pig’s collaboration with the TOOMIES line.
TOMY will not only expand distribution of its bath toy line in North America, but will also use its expertise to develop a brand-new segment of innovative infant/toddler toys.
- TOMY and Hasbro also renewed their Peppa Pig collaboration on Aquadoodle in the UK and France.
- Transformers, Power Rangers, and GI Joe will be brought to life across several proprietary TOMY platforms:
- Optimus Prime and Bumblebee will make their debut in the Monster Treads vehicle family.
- Build A Buddy, TOMY’s STEAM accredited preschool vehicles, will welcome Optimus Prime in autumn 2023.
- Club Mocchi-Mocchi-, TOMY’s successful collector plush platform, is further expanding into POP culture giants thanks to trending nostalgia of the 80s Transformers and 90s Power Rangers lines.
- My Little Pony will also be a retro POP favorite in the Club Mocchi- Mocchi- family, as well as debuting in TOMY’s First Years toddler feeding in North America.
“Working with Hasbro to take these evergreen properties to new consumer bases is exciting for us,” says Morgan Weyl, TOMY’s Managing Director of Licensing and Global Development. “We have been working side by side to lend our expertise to these great entertainment brands and we continue to find great opportunities to bring TOMY magic to Hasbro fan favourites. These brands have staying power with today’s parents who were once obsessed with them as a child. We have all fans covered, from feeding through to kidult collectibles.”
“We are excited to work with TOMY to bring their expertise across territories through new and innovative products for our brands,” adds Marianne James, Vice President of EMEA & Asia Licensed Consumer Products at Hasbro. “From plush, to bath play, vehicles and creative play, TOMY’s new toys will give kids all-new ways to experience their favourite characters.”
New product will arrive on-shelf starting this autumn, continuing into 2023.