MGA Entertainment has announced an all-new line of fashion dolls – Mermaze Mermaidz Colour Change Fashion Dolls – due to make waves at UK retailers from next month (May 2022). The line will allow fans to dive into a new and exciting underwater world, featuring unique character backstories via colourful and expansive entertainment content, and leveraging trends such as colour change and water play.
Aimed at children aged four and over, the Mermaze Mermaidz collection features five core dolls, each distinguished by bold and thoughtful design and details. Each doll is articulated at the neck, shoulders, elbows, wrists, torso, waist and fin. They feature inset eyes and rooted eyelashes, as well as gorgeous and colourful mermaid hair – and come complete with a removable top, jacket, purse and jewellery tailored to their individual style. The dolls’ unique sculpted fins perform a dramatic colour change when submerged in water and double as a stand when the fin is bent 90 degrees, perfect for both water play and display.
Each Mermaze Mermaidz character has a one-of-a-kind personality and talent and aims to be both empowering and inspiring. Introducing:
- Kishiko – a popular internet star, creator and budding activist who is upbeat, fun and loves sharing her life with the world.
- Shellnelle – a glamourous fashion designer who creates new trends and inspires her friends by looking at the world in a totally unique way.
- Riviera – a rocker and a rebel who swims against the current. She loves writing music, playing guitar and performing with her sister, Harmonique.
- Harmonique – a pop star who is effortlessly cool and shines in the spotlight, but she always makes room for her friends to shine too.
- Jordie – a competitive sports star who encourages every mermaid around her to be brave and take action.
Isaac Larian, CEO and Founder of MGA Entertainment, says: “We are thrilled to introduce kids and collectors to the world of Mermaze Mermaidz Colour Change, a fantastical world powered by water technology and led by independent, ambitious change makers.
“MGA is a leader in fashion dolls, and we will continue to deliver with our disruptive version of mermaids, guaranteed to resonate with the dreamers in all of us. Our entertainment content will bring these characters to life, inspiring children everywhere to use their imagination.”
The entertainment content will launch on YouTube on 6 May. Fans will also be able to immerse themselves into the world of Mermaze Mermaidz through the official UK Instagram feed @officialmermaze.uk, which launched on 29 March for International Mermaid Day.
Set to make waves throughout the fashion doll sector, the launch will also be supported by high-impact PR and digital campaigns, with a host of exciting activity running throughout 2022.