The LEGO Group is opening its first ever Irish store in Grafton Street, Dublin, this summer. Visitors to the store will be treated to a ‘Retailtainment’ concept blending physical and digital experiences, allowing visitors to immerse themselves fully in the LEGO world, as well as create personalised products.
Features/attractions will include:
- Minifigure Factory: The LEGO Minifigure Factory allows visitors to design and create a unique LEGO Minifigure – the perfect souvenir or gift.
- LEGO Expression, where visitors can have fun with LEGO Minifigures who mimic their facial expressions.
- LEGO Pick a Brick Wall: The Pick a Brick Wall is a great way for fans to select the exact elements that they require for their builds.
- Store Associates: Whether visitors are choosing a gift, looking for the latest set or bringing a LEGO fan in for a special treat, Brick Specialists are on hand to help find a set that’s the perfect fit.
- Hands-on Play opportunities, including free build challenges and events each month.
- Build a Minifigure Tower: Mix and match from a wide selection of bottoms, tops, heads, hair pieces and accessories to customise minifigures.
- Exclusive LEGO models: Look out for eye-catching 3D LEGO models throughout the store inspired by the city of Dublin and Irish culture
Simone Sweeney, Vice President of Global LEGO Retail Development, says: “We have been looking for the perfect site in Dublin, so we were very excited when the opportunity came about to open on the vibrant Grafton Street. The new LEGO Store will be amongst some of the biggest and best brands in Dublin, in a shopping district loved by many local families and visitors alike.
“The city has been part of LEGO Retail’s expansion strategy for many years given the existing huge number of LEGO Fans in Ireland and the international customers typically found in the city. The new LEGO Store in Dublin will allow builders of all ages to be inspired by endless play possibilities and for new builders to welcome them into a new exciting journey of discovery into the LEGO universe. We are also excited to be revealing the new LEGO retail platform in this market with innovative retail-first experiences and a destination for product launches, events and a hub for our Irish LEGO fan community.”
The new LEGO store in Dublin will offer the full range of new products only available direct from LEGO stores and shop.lego.com, including the likes of LEGO Boutique Hotel and LEGO Ideas Earth Globe.
The store will also be offering benefits for LEGO VIP members including exclusive VIP gifts with purchase, double points events and more.