Jazwares, along with its Kellytoy subsidiary, today unveiled an expansive consumer products licensing programme supporting its Squishmallows plush brand sensation.
On the heels the milestone of 100 million Squishmallows sold, Jazwares is teaming with a raft of licensees to make Squishmallows a global lifestyle brands for fans, families, and collectors around the world.
“As the Squishmallows brand evolves, we’re focusing on impactful category collaborations that entertain and delight our millions of fans in authentic, meaningful ways,” says Judd Karofsky, Executive Vice President, Jazwares. “Our licensing partners are embracing the Squishmallows brand DNA and we can’t wait to launch unique new merchandise to a wide range of retailers and consumers this year and beyond.”
Each Squishmallows plush has a unique name and backstory that brings its personality to life. Squishmallows are sold at thousands of retail outlets, including independent and speciality stores, amusement parks and U.S. national chains such as Target, Five Below, Walgreens, Walmart, Learning Express, Cracker Barrel, CVS, Costco, Justice and Hallmark, and in the UK at Smyths, The Entertainer, Argos, Toymaster and more.
Squishmallows licensee highlights:
- Bioworld, the pop culture specialists, is known for delivering lifestyle collections to fans globally across apparel, loungewear, headwear, bags, socks, collectable accessories and more. In 2022 Bioworld will offer a full suite of Squishmallows branded merchandise.
- BigMouth, a designer and manufacturer of fun lifestyle products, will make Squishmallows branded pool floats, cooler bags, beach chairs and pop-up tents.
- BBC International is a global design, development and sourcing footwear company currently offering a full line of Squishmallows branded footwear.
- Franco Mfg. will develop Squishmallows bedding and accessories including throws, as well as beach and bath blankets.
- Fashion Angels Enterprises will offer students and teachers exciting new Squishmallows fashion stationery and back-to-school accessories.
- In partnership with Parkside Collectibles (OEM), Jazwares will launch a new line of Squishmallows-inspired trading cards with Series 1 scheduled to arrive in the U.S. market this year. The cards feature Squishmallows favourites, with more than 650 cards to collect.
- Primary Colors, a premier producer of cookies, candy and snacks, will partner with Jazwares to bring fun and innovative Squishmallows gummy and candy products to retail stores nationwide.
Established in 2017, Squishmallows has become a social media sensation that continues to cultivate a strong following online.
Organic Squishmallows content has generated nearly 5 billion video views on TikTok and @squishmallows (and related hashtags) have been tagged in more than one million Instagram posts. The Squishmallows social media channels have ballooned to more than 700,000 followers and nearly 100 global and local Facebook groups have been created by fans.
More than 1,000 Squishmallows ranging from two to 24-inches in size have gained the attention of bona fide Squishmallows fans in more than 40 countries. Such strong brand retention has resulted in multiple line extensions, including HugMees, Squish-Doos, Heroes, Flip-A-Mallows, and Squishville.