Retailers are being invited to apply for a place on Brand Licensing Europe’s 2021 Retail Mentoring Programme, with the offer of participation in the free-to-attend course being extended to retailers from Europe as well as the UK, for the first time.
Made possibly by the organiser’s adoption of a fully virtual as well as hybrid event this year, the BLE Retail Mentoring Programme can now celebrate its 11th year with a greater European reach.
Marks & Spencer, John Lewis, Selfridges, Halfords, Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Toymaster, The Entertainer, and Morrisons are among the hundrends of alumni of the annual event that is delivered through a series of seminars, workshops, and one-to-one consultancy sessions.
The 2021 BLE Retail Mentoring Programme schedule will include a one hour introductory meeting this May, a Licensing Essentials Course delivered by Licensing International this June 17th and 18th, the chance to virtually attend the Licensing Awards judging day and cast a vote this June, and spend two and a half hours on a personalised brand owner experience day between August and September this year.
The schedule will also include a half day Licensing for Retail seminar this November 5th, and VIP admission to Brand Licensing Europe running from November 17th to 19th this year.
Anna Knight, VP of Licensing, Informa Markets, said: “We come across branded consumer products everyday – from V&A notebooks to Pokémon backpacks – but it’s not always obvious how brands can help to drive footfall and create additional revenue for retailers.
“The Retail Mentoring Programme offers European retailers the chance to better understand every aspect of brand licensing and provides them with all the tools needed to successfully get branded consumer products onto store shelves.
“With the growing importance for retailers to stand-out, the programme covers everything from identifying new trends, finding and securing the right partners and suppliers, and driving a great customer experience through branded products. It means so much to us that we’ve been able to support over 400 retailers on the programme over the last 11 years, and we’re really excited we can now welcome European retailers to join us for 2021.”
Retail Mentoring Programme delegate benefits include:
- Insight from best-in-class retailers, agents and brand owners on how successful licensing partnerships are delivered across a range of categories from apparel to homeware
- Brand owner experience days where retailers can spend a day (in-person or online) with a leading brand to better understand what goes into a successful licensing partnership
- Brand discovery sessions – find out who owns what brands and how to build relationships
- Visual merchandising workshops – learn how to make consumer products stand-out online and in-store
- Introductions to important new contacts and social events within the licensing industry
- Practical insights into building a licensing programme
- Understanding critical legal, technical, financial and licensing terminology
Retailers can apply for a free delegate place on the programme here. Applications will remain open until Friday 28 May.