Ethical supply chain programme ICTI CARE has launched a new PLUS initiative focused on small businesses.
Committed Brands PLUS for Toy SMEs provides instant access to ICTI CARE’s searchable database of over 1,300 toy factories, detailed profiles on factories’ ethical performance, and ICTI CARE certification audits.
In addition, small businesses will join a global network of brands and retailers that are committed to the ethical sourcing of toys.
ICTI CARE Committed Brands PLUS offers a tailored package of features for Toy SMEs and benefits include:
- Membership of the world’s largest community of toy brands and retailers working together to raise ethical standards in the toy industry supply chain
- Instant access to ICPS – our Global Ethical Sourcing Database
- Connect with factories to receive critical compliance updates
- Signal to buyers & retailers your commitment to Responsible Sourcing
- Benefit from our global network of on-the-ground experts and partners
- Receive marketing support and be featured on our website/publications
“Expectations from customers are growing, and toy buyers everywhere want to see toys manufactured ethically in factories which respect the rights and wellbeing of workers," said Carmel Giblin, CEO and president of ICTI CARE.
"At the same time, a raft of new legislation on key ethical concerns like modern day slavery, coupled with global sustainability initiatives such as the UN Sustainable Development Goals, means that toy companies of all sizes must understand and address risks within their supply chains.
“Our new PLUS initiative for Toy SMEs equips smaller toy companies with affordable tools and the support they need to meet these expectations and source responsibly."
Companies with an annual revenue in toys or games of under $30 million who join the Committed Brands PLUS program before November 11th 2016 will receive an exclusive offer giving them an additional year of benefits for free.