The Toy Industry Association has welcomed eight new members to the TIA Board of Directors for two-year terms of office, expiring in 2018.
Its Annual General Meeting held in Miami, Florida also saw the chairmanship gavel pass to David Hargreaves of Hasbro from retiring board chairman John Gessert of American Plastic Toys.
Nominated to serve their first terms on the TIA Board were:
- Kathleen Campisano, Vice President of Toys & Games, Barnes & Noble
- Jennifer Caveza, Senior Vice President, Toys and Business Development, Nickelodeon Consumer Products
- Charlie Emby, Co-President, Just Play
- Barbara Finigan, Senior Vice President, Chief Legal Officer and Corporate Secretary, Hasbro
- Skip Kodak, Senior Vice President, Americas, LEGO Systems
- Masayuki Nagatake, COO-US & Europe Business Division, TOMY International
- Geoffrey Walker, Executive Vice President, North America Division, Mattel
- Nancy Zwiers, Chief Marketing Officer, Spin Master Corp.
Re-elected for another term, set to expire in 2018, were:
- Drew Brazer, Vice President of Sales, North America, LEGO Systems
- Jeffrey Kennis, President, Enchanted Moments
- William To, President, VTech Electronics North America
Joining Hargreaves on the executive committee are Bob Wann (Playmonster!), who assumed the role of Vice Chairman/Chairman Elect, and Shirley Price (Funrise), who assumed the role of Secretary-Treasurer.
Manuel Torres (NBC Universal Brand Development) and Geoffrey Walker (Mattel) were also introduced as members of the Executive Committee.
The following retiring Board members were recognised for their service:
- Andrea Barthello, ThinkFun
- William Beebe, Playmates Toys
- Sam Harwell, Big Time Toys
"The Toy Industry Association strives to deliver unparalleled service and value to the toy industry and its members," said TIA president, Steve Pasierb.
"Our growing membership base is a testament not only to the growth of the toy industry as a whole, but to the business support, educational resources, and domestic and global opportunities we offer members to help their companies flourish."
Open to members and non-members, the 2016 TIA Annual General Meeting was held in conjunction with PlayCon, TIA’s International Conference of Play Professionals, held in Miami, Florida from May 2nd to 4th.