Among the latest swathe of top toys for Christmas lists to hit the headlines, indie retailer, Midco Toys is throwing its hat in the ring with its own predictions for 2015.
Discontent with the majority of the predictions to emerge from major retailers such as Argos and Hamleys, the Burton-based retailer has released a list of what it believes will be volume drivers this year.
Midco Toys owner, David Middleton has said that while he will be stocking many of the toys on Argos’ list, including a Thunderbirds Tracy Island, he doesn’t agree with the top ten.
“As an independent store, I see our list being completely different to theirs,” he told the Burton Mail.
“Many of the lines mentioned cost more than £30 and personally, I don’t feel these will be the volume drivers over Christmas. We are noticing this year that money is tight with consumers and our average spend is around £11, this increases to £18 over the holiday period.”
Midco Toy’s Top Ten Toys for Christmas 2015, are:
1. Tube Heroes Action Figures (Jazwares) from £7.99
2. Shopkins Series 4 12-pack (Flair), price unavailable
3. Star Wars Episode 7 Funko Pop figures (Underground Toys), price unavailable
4. Thunderbirds vehicle superset (Vivid Imaginations), £39.99
5. Paw Patrol vehicle assortment (Spinmaster), £12.99
6. Twirly Woo Plush (Golden Bear) from £9.00
7. Yummy Nummies Soda Shopper (Character Options) £6.99
8. Lego 21120 Snow Hideout (Lego), price unavailable
9. Bing Plush assortment (Mattel), price unavailable
10. Minions Talking Bob (Thinkway), £44.49