Entertainment One Licensing is enjoying ‘exceptionally strong’ retail sales and growing TV audiences for Peppa Pig in Brazil.
Peppa Pig merchandise launched in the country in 2014, and the licensing programme now boasts over 45 licensees across 15 categories with eOne’s licensing agent, Exim, managing consumer products for the region.
The first Peppa Pig DVD was released in Brazil in December 2014 and Peppa Pig is currently the top selling kids’ DVD title in Brazil, with over 100,000 units sold to date.
In just under two years, Peppa Pig has a registered impressive retail stats including:
- over three million toys sold from September to December 2014
- over three million pairs of Peppa Pig shoes were sold in Brazil from June 2014 to February 2015
- 10 million sticker packs have been sold since the sticker album launched in May 2014
- over 250,000 Peppa Pig books and magazines are sold every month
- 60,000 pairs of Peppa Pig socks sold within the first week of sales in January 2015
- more than 35,000 people have seen the live show Peppa Pig’s Treasure Hunt which toured seven of the biggest cities in Brazil
“The public reaction to Peppa Pig in Brazil since we launched broadcast and licensing has been phenomenal,” said Ami Dieckman, head of international licensing for Entertainment One Licensing.
“The TV show has a rapidly growing fanbase and demand for consumer products has exceeded our expectations. Brazilian licensees and retailers have really got behind the brand and we’re committed to nurturing this growth so that Peppa remains a leading preschool property in the country for many years to come.”