Hasbro has revealed the cities that fans have selected to grace the board of the upcoming Monopoly Here & Now: World Edition.
For the first time, fans were invited to select their favourite cities in a vote, powered by Buzzfeed, and shape the latest edition of the board game.
Since February 13th, four million votes have been cast from 182 countries worldwide.
“Inviting our fans to get involved in the creation of the newest Monopoly game was a great way to celebrate the 80th anniversary of the brand,” said Kay Green, Hasbro UK marketing director.
“It was amazing to see both fans and local organisations across the UK and around the world rally behind their cities and we were wowed by the overwhelming pride people displayed during the Here & Now vote.”
Based on the vote, the winning cites that will be featured in the game include:
· Dark Blue: Lima, Peru; Hong Kong, China
· Green: Riga, Latvia; Lisbon, Portugal; Istanbul, Turkey
· Yellow: Warsaw, Poland; Mexico City, Mexico; Santiago, Chile
· Red: Belfast, Ireland; Athens, Greece; Belgrade, Serbia
· Orange: London, England; Moscow, Russia; Tokyo, Japan
· Magenta: New York, NY, U.S.A; Amsterdam, Netherlands; Sydney, Australia
· Light Blue: Queenstown, New Zealand; Cape Town, South Africa; Taipei, Taiwan
· Brown: Giethoorn, Netherlands; Madrid, Spain
The Monopoly Here & Now: World Edition game will be available this autumn and will feature iconic landmark tokens and new gameplay where players race round the board to visit as many locations as possible, collecting passport stamps along the way.
Players will collect cash from visitor fees when opponents land on their locations and the first player to fill their passport wins.