LEGO Star Wars has launched its first ever ‘Oscars-style’ awards, The Golden Brickies.
The Awards, which launched today on the LEGO Facebook page, are designed to celebrate the best LEGO Star Wars fan created content from builders, budding photographers and film makers.
The Golden Brickies award categories (along with how to enter them) are below:
- Best picture – create a LEGO Star Wars inspired photograph using your collection
- Best mini movie – either create a LEGO Star Wars movie blooper or your own alternative movie ending
- Best set build – LEGO Star Wars inspired build
- Overall LEGO Star Wars Golden Brickies winner for best content creation
The entries will be judged by the Golden Brickies expert panel including: Star Wars actor Warwick Davis, Star Wars collector and writer ‘Jedi’ James Burns, LEGO Star Wars brand manager Eloise Kurtis and LEGO Star Wars’ biggest fan, five year old Milun Simpson.
Fans can enter the Awards by uploading videos or pictures to the Golden Brickies page on the LEGO Facebook page, Instagram or on Twitter using the #GoldenBrickies hashtag.
The deadline for entries is September 26th 2014.
The Golden Brickies Awards will culminate in an exclusive red carpet celebration event at LEGOLAND Windsor Resort Hotel on October 11th.
Prizes for Golden Brickies winners include:
- An invitation to the prestigious red carpet LEGOLAND Windsor Resort awards ceremony
- A chance to meet Return of the Jedi actor Warwick Davis, as well as the bods behind the LEGO Star Wars universe
- A year’s supply of LEGO®Star Wars goodies
- A LEGOLAND Windsor Resort Annual Pass for a family of four
- Entry into LEGOLAND Windsor Resort afterwards to enjoy the Resort’s 55 rides, shows and attractions.
- Your very own LEGO C-3PO award
“Good luck, creative Jedi, may the Force be with you," said LEGO Star Wars brand manager, Eloise Kurtis.