Seven local charities will benefit from a raft of toy donations made by suppliers at this year’s Toymaster May Show at The Majestic.
A letter from Martin House Hospice sent to the association outlined where the generous gifts would be heading.
80 per cent of the toys were donated for the children supported by the Martin House Hospice. The charity supports children and young people with a life limiting illness. The larger items will be in general use at the Hospice and a selection of them will be used as birthday and Christmas presents throughout the year.
The remaining 20 per cent of donations have been shared between the following charities:
- Harrogate Young Carers project
- Harrogate Special Baby Unit and The Woodlands Children’s Wards
- Mia Mason Appeal and the Children’s Kidney Transplant Unit at LGI – who are treating her and supporting her family
- St Michael’s Hospice (bereaved children’s project)
- Oatlands Community Project for Toddlers
- Hope Pastures Projeect – for disadvantaged children