Following a week of debate on the Monopoly Facebook page, Hasbro has revealed the five ‘House Rules’ to appear in future Monopoly games.
- Free Parking, Fast Cash: All taxes and fees will be collected in the middle of the game board, if you land on Free Parking, it’s your lucky day: collect all the money from the middle of the board.
- Dash for the Cash: Landed on Go! Amazing, you get to double your salary. 400m pounds instead of 200m pounds.
- Frozen Assets Rule: When in jail, a player cannot collect any rent money from other players. Sorry about your luck.
- See the Sights: Players must travel around the board one complete time before they can begin buying properties. Hurry up and get to GO before everyone else!
- Lucky Roller: Did you just Roll Snake Eyes (double ones)… odds are in your favour, collect 500m pounds.
“Whether fans were ‘for’ a rule or ‘against’ it, or felt that players should only play by official Monopoly rules, it was great to see the passionate debate from our fans around the world about ‘House Rules’,” said Jonathan Berkowitz, vice president of marketing at Hasbro.
“We’re looking forward to incorporating long-time favourite ‘House Rules’ like Free Parking and Dash for the Cash into the Monopoly game for the very first time.”
Fans will find the top five ‘House Rules’ in the Monopoly: House Rules edition game which will be available on store shelves in select markets this autumn.
The game will include special gold-coloured houses and cards that feature the top ‘House Rules.’
The chosen rules will also be included in the classic Monopoly game guide beginning in 2015.