The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles has become Europe’s top-selling action figure range for the year-to-date April 2013.
Retail sales tracker The NPD Group expects the licensed toys to "stimulate the UK and European toy market".
Four of the top ten action figures in Europe this year are Turtles toys.
Plus, the line – supplied by Flair in the UK – has reached the number two action figure spot in the UK, behind Star Wars.
Frederique Tutt, Global Toy Industry Analyst with The NPD Group, said: "The sales figures underline just how a new product launch or a playground craze can be a great catalyst for overcoming challenging economic and external conditions.
"Success in the toy market is not only a Christmas story. The emergence of hyped phenomena like Furby or Ninja Turtles early on in the year helps to drive footfall and sales, keeping the market growing and kids excited and engaged throughout the year.”
Europe’s top ten action figures (year-to-date April 2013):
1. Ninja Turtles Basic Figures – Flair Giochi Preziosi
2. WWE Figure Series 1 – Mattel
3. Transformers Prime Powerizers – Hasbro
4. Ninja Turtles Powersound FX Figures – Flair Giochi Preziosi
5. Ben 10 Alien Collection – Bandai
6. Ninja Turtles Role Play Ninja Gear – Flair Giochi Preziosi
7. Transformers Prime Weaponizers – Hasbro
8. Star Wars Clone Wars Figures – Hasbro
9. Power Rangers Super Samurai – Bandai
10. Ninja Turtles Shell Raiser Vehicle – Flair Giochi Preziosi