Execs from the likes of Hasbro, Jazwares and Spin Master are lined up to speak.
Women in Toys, Licensing & Entertainment has detailed the speakers and industry experts who will be participating in its annual WIT Empowerment Day event.
Held on Monday, September 26th, 2016, in collaboration with Walmart and the Toy Industry Association, WIT Empowerment Day provides a day of informational sessions and panels to help WIT members take their women-owned businesses to the next level.
Throughout the day, attendees can expect to hear from the following experts:
- Alice Brooks, Play Monster/Roominate
- Anne Marie Kehoe, Walmart
- Avi Levine, Star Funding
- Belinda Gruebner, Moose Toys
- Ben Dermer, Spin Master
- Carlos Lopez, Toy Backer
- David Gifford-Robinson, Women's Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC)
- Deb de Sherbinin, Kidsmart
- Jamie Cygielman, Madame Alexander
- Jeff Pinsker, Pressman Games
- Jerry Welch, Bambini Partners
- Joan Lawrence, Toy Industry Association (TIA)
- John Lee, Bambini Partners
- Karen Kilpatrick, JazWings
- Kelli Couchee, UBM
- Kim Mosley, American Specialty Toy Retailing Association (ASTRA)
- Laura Zebersky, Jazwares
- Marian Bossard, Toy Industry Association (TIA)
- Maureen McHale, McHale Design
- Nancy Zwiers, Spin Master
- Patti Becker, Becker Associates LLC
- Paul Solomon, Moose Toys
- Phil Sage, Hasbro
- Sarah Wilson, Walmart
- Stephanie Pottick, Pottick Law
- Stephanee Synnott, U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC)
- Steven Heller, Esq., The Brand Liaison
- Sue Warfield, American Specialty Toy Retailing Association (ASTRA)
- Victoria Cushey, Licensing Industry Merchandisers’ Association (LIMA)
- Wendy Smolen, Consultant
- Yolanda G. Olivarez, Small Business Administration (SBA)
- Yvonne Lee, Indiegogo
“We’re excited to welcome such a fantastic roster of industry experts who will share their knowledge and provide guidance to our talented members,” said Ashley Mady, WIT President.
“Their key insights, advice and direction will be invaluable to the entrepreneurs pitching Walmart and the toy companies at Empowerment Day, and we appreciate their commitment to helping our members achieve greater success.”
Panel Discussions are open to both WIT members and Fall Toy Preview guests and exhibitors, and includes a Walmart Buyers Panel and a Financial Alternatives Panel with Indiegogo, JazWings, Bambini Partners, Star Funding and the Small Business Administration.
Info Sessions are open to registered WIT members only, and includes 15-minute speed Info Sessions, giving participants the chance to meet with and learn from top industry experts in a variety of specialties.