This year the restriction period runs from November 13th to the first week of January 2013.
Amazon.co.uk has set out its toy seller restrictions for the Christmas 2012 period.
Only sellers who meet the following criteria will be allowed to sell in the Toys & Games category during the holiday period (November 13th to the first week of January 2013):
- Your first sale on Amazon.com must be prior to September 17th, 2012. The sale does not need to be specific to the Toys store.
- You must have processed and shipped at least 25 orders during the 60 consecutive days preceding November 1, 2012. The orders do not need to be specific to the Toys store.
- Your pre-fulfillment cancel rate must be no greater than 1.75 per cent for the trailing 30 days preceding November 1st, 2012.
- Your late shipment rate must be no greater than 4 per cent for the trailing 30 days preceding November 1st, 2012.
- Your order defect rate must be no greater than 1% short term as of November 1st, 2012.
Amazon says it restricts sellers in order to "maintain buyer confidence in Amazon". It also put out the following tips for sellers to follow:
- Monitor your customer metrics and take corrective action when necessary. Learn more about customer metrics.
- Use Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) to send products to your customers.
- Check your orders frequently in the Manage Orders section of your account.
- Minimise order cancellations; dont show more stock for sale than you have available to dispatch.
- Dispatch orders and confirm dispatch in a timely manner.
- Ensure your seller policies are up to date.
Want to receive up to the minute toy industry news straight to your inbox? Click here to sign up for the free ToyNews Daily Digest and Newsflash services. You can also follow ToyNews on Twitter and Facebook.