The group stages for Generation Media's TV channel tournament are now over...
The Media Owner 2012 quarter finals are about to begin and the last eight TV channels have been revealed.
Last week Generation Media kicked off the tournament, which pits commercial kids’ channels against one another. You can read how Media Owner 2012 works here.
Group C and Group D results
· In Group C, Nick Jr narrowly defeated CITV Breakfast 3-2.
· Cartoon Network beat Pop 4-1 to take second place in the group.
· In Group D, CITV received nine points from a possible nine with a 5-1 win over Kix.
· Nicktoons overcame Cartoonito 4-1 to secure their passage to the quarter finals.
Here’s how the groups finished:
Quarter final draws
· Tournament top scorers Nick take on Tiny Pop, the lowest ranked side left in the competition.
· Top seeds Nick Jr face stable mates Nicktoons.
· Turner’s ‘A-side’ Boomerang face off against lone rangers Disney XD.
· Pundits’ favourites CITV will play Cartoon Network for a place in the final four.
Check back next week for the semi-final draws.
Want to receive up to the minute toy industry news straight to your inbox? Click here to sign up for the free ToyNews Daily Digest and Newsflash services. You can also follow ToyNews on Twitter and Facebook.