Toy Trust calls for teams to sponsor last available legs of its annual bike ride.
14 teams are currently registered, leaving ten routes available for sponsorship. The event will be a Gladiatorial event following the route of the Roman Legions around England and will take place on Saturday May 16th 2009.
Organiser, The Toy Trust, is looking for sponsors who will guarantee £5,000 per leg and will organise a team to take part in their section.
Each section is around 60 miles and the route has so far been allocated as follows:
* Sevenoaks to Colchester – Available
* Colchester to Ely - HIT Entertainment
* Ely to Sleaford - Zapf Creation
* Sleaford via Lincoln to Barton upon Humber - Available
* BUH via York to Harrogate - GMTV
* Harrogate to Cheadle - Available
* Cheadle via Chester to Wrexham - Available
* Wrexham to Ludlow - Available
* Ludlow to Stroud - Hasbro
* Stroud via Bath to Shaftesbury – RC2
* Shaftsbury to Alton – Vivid Imaginations
* Alton to Sevenoaks – Tomy
And the route will then be reversed:
* Sevenoaks to Alton – Flair
* Alton to Shaftesbury – Mattel
* Shaftesbury via Bath to Stroud – Disney
* Stroud to Ludlow – BBC
* Ludlow to Wrexham - Available
* Wrexham via Chester to Cheadle – Lego (sponsor only)
* Cheadle to Harrogate – Available
* Harrogate via York to BUH – Character Group
* Barton upon Humber via Lincoln to Sleaford - Available
* Sleaford to Ely - Available
* Ely to Colchester – Available
* Colchester to Sevenoaks - Bandai (sponsor only) BTHA riding.
Each team will be responsible for their own support vehicle and transport. Although a route will be supplied each team can arrange their own route to suit the riders as long as they complete the distance between the start and finish points.
Each team will receive a full sponsor pack including routes, hire company details for support vehicles, tips on how to prepare for the day, methods of sponsorship and details of how to register at the Just Giving Web site.
A meeting will be held on Saturday January 31st morning 10.00am so that any questions can be answered and to introduce the teams. Prospective teams are also invited to attend the meeting. Venue and times will be announced nearer the time.
Companies wishing to take part should contact Toy Trust Chairman, Robert Mann directly to be added to the list.