Senior Quality Assurance Technologist
Vivid Imaginations is one of the UK’s largest independent toy and game manufacturers with many highly successful brands such as Animagic, Crayola, Genie Girls, Thunderbirds and Care Bears. We’re now recruiting for a Senior Quality Assurance Technologist to join the team in Guildford.
The focus of the role is to ensure the products we sell meet all QA, Product Integrity, Ethical and Environmental requirements. The successful candidate will be responsible for the compliance of a portfolio of products from our in-house development team and distribution partners. This will entail:
- Working closely with the Vivid design and development teams, vendors, partner manufacturers, to ensure that the QA and product integrity requirements are met.
- Defining global testing requirements for products to meet the legal & customer obligations.
- Consulting on and proposing potential compliant design solutions.
- Monitoring and maintaining factory social, ethical and quality certification.
- Managing / maintaining product technical files in accordance with the Toy Safety Directive
- Defining product reliability requirements.
- Managing pre-shipment inspections for a brand portfolio.
- Monitoring product performance (customer and consumer returns) to identify and investigate quality and reliability issues, then instigate / manage relevant corrective action.
- Keeping up to date with new legislation and to conceptualise how Vivid might meet these.
- Liaising with other departments to improve integration of QA procedures
- Coordinating with consumer services to ensure first class after-sales support.
Suitable candidates should possess a technical or engineering qualification ideally at a degree level and a minimum of 5 years’ experience, preferably gained in the toy industry.
Candidates will need to have good communication skills, be highly organised, be able to work independently as well as within a team and be able to solve problems creatively.
Salary will be competitive and dependant on experience.
Interested? Email your CV, covering letter and salary expectations to:firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of Richard Sutcliffe, Group QA Manager.
Or by post to: Ashbourne House, The Guildway, Old Portsmouth Road, Guildford, Surrey, GU3 1LS