As an industry leader, Mattel prides itself on being led by its people in the dynamic fast moving consumer goods industry. They look for people that are excited by a challenge, want to be rewarded for performance and who are motivated to make things happen.
They strive to create an environment that fosters creativity and talent enabling their people to bring to market some of the most popular and well known brands in the toy industry. Their people are the driving force behind their brands, and much like the brands, the people need development and growth opportunities.
Fresh ideas and insight drive the business. With a passion for play, a desire to grow, fairly and together; they deliver Big Brands and Big Opportunities.
They are now looking for a Licensing Associate to join them on a contract until Christmas 2012.
Assist the Licensing Manager across all areas of the Middle East Licensing business, to deliver sales, revenue and profit targets. This encompasses all brands and all licensed categories across the entire Middle East region including Israel.
The role extends across all areas of licensing, including contract negotiation/execution, product development, managing the execution of marketing initiatives, licensee management, and financial and legal support.
As part of the strategy, we also need to ensure brand and business alignment between Toy and Licensing in the Middle East region.
Main Tasks and Accountabilities:
· Assist manage the existing portfolio of licensees across the region. Provide support for overall business development, retail distribution, and sales and marketing support.
· Work closely with line manager to explore new market gaps and opportunities. Secure new licensing partnerships and assist to finalise the deal negotiation and product development
· Responsible for implementing defined marketing programmes to drive sales of licenseed products, ensuring full execution meets overall Brand Image requirements.
· Responsible for executing contract renewals within the terms agreed by Licensing Manager, and by the required deadline. Work with co-ordinator to follow contract process through to execution with legal teams in USA
· Collaberate with Toy Team to execute cohesive programmes within consumer and trade segments, and maximise synergies across brand segments.
· Assist Licensing Manager in Financial Planning process, ensuring quarterly forecasting and yearly planning schedules are adhered to by licensees.
· Assist team in the collection of quarterly royalty reports and outstanding receivables as and when required
Performance Criteria (Key Performance Indicators):
Personal Profile :
· Commercially astute with sound business instinct and awareness of current retail trends.
· A strategic thinker with ability to spot opportunities in the market and fill gaps
· Ability to offer creative and innovative solutions
· Tenacity and drive to work through challenging remits
· Inspiration and vision, coupled with high energy, pragmatism and passion.
· Confidence and ability to influence at all levels
· Passion for product development and a flair for children’s products
Desired Background / Experience
· Graduate education preferred with a Marketing or business related degree.
· Licensing, Marketing or Retail experience.
· Knowledge of Middle East markets desired but not essential
· Technical competencies: Confident in Microsoft Office (Work, Excel, Power Point)
To discuss this role further please contact Jen Ruston at Aardvark Swift on 01709 834777 or firstname.lastname@example.org.